... though almost barely.
Been consumed with work as last week was our Summer Workshop in New York City, which also means that I have earned comp-time up to wazzu (no, not talking about that other school, just a phrase). Took Monday and Tuesday off, been in the office Wednesday through today, though might leave early as now that even though I slept all last weekend to recouperate from the adventure, my body has decided to have cold-like symptoms. Not good considering that I'm in San Fran to see my sis and celebrate her marraige with Marc this time next week.
Things learned:
* I'm not being fairly compensated for the time I'm working, but then again not like I was really working all that much during the week - just sitting at the reception desk "on call" - but I still claim that to be time that I was working. I would rather get the OT pay than more days off considering that I get 24 days of paid time off for the year and what are the chances that I will use the 16 that have to be used or lost? I guess a longer vacation will be taken in Seattle at Christmas time.
* Can't VPN everywhere
* Ground Zero still has an impact to a person who experienced 9/11 on the West Coast
* New York is an impressive city, but not a city for me. I like Seattle better... but I'm biased.
Wish I had more insightful things to say... this blog seems to be dwindling. Though considering I set this up to share my chronicals of moving cross-country, it has fulfilled it's duty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Seattle is certainly easier to like. It takes my breath away every time I go back and I go south across the I-5 bridge to Capitol Hill. NY/NJ is a difficult place to truly feel comfortable... I'm only still here because Seattle was getting too quiet.
Post a Comment