Yes, it's been a while. Been working, and adjusting to working, which translates to me coming home and ploping down on the couch until it's time for bed.
Also, what doesn't help is that I managed to get some sort of stomach bug. Woke up early Monday morning just as sick as can be, called in sick after my alarm went off, and was very thankful for water to finally stay down. I'm still recovering a bit, but I can at least eat again. Still not drinking as much fluid as I normally do, so I guess I'm drinking like a normal person, but that's of course translating to me still being dehydrated.
Job is going okay. Though honestly I am really starting to wonder if it's THE job for me. I really don't have a sense as to what my job description really is (and the fun is that I eventually need to provide a 1-2 sentence short description for upload on the main PRISM site). Also don't really have a sense of purpose. So far, I am collecting information for the annual report and doing the miscellaneous tasks that come down my way as people think of them. I understand that they need someone in this position, but as I'm going through this day by day, I am starting to feel like it requires a more out-going personality, which I am not. I'm very shy. And I need a sense of accomplishment - everything seems to be on-going. I like the people, the hours, and the commute, just not necessarily liking the position.
Maybe this is all because I've been sick and really missing my life back in Seattle...
Andrew has been busy with school - NSF proposal was due today, which he submitted last night, and he's been consumed with coursework, and of course you need to add on there that he needs to meet with so many professors before submitting his picks for thesis projects.
Boy would I love to have my 110-pound black lab here convincing me to scratch him.
The apartment is a mess, need to do laundry, need to grocery shop, but I really don't want to do it, but I know it's driving me nuts. Andrew finds that he cannot work here at the desk, so the "office" really isn't being used, especially since I haven't sewn since I started the job.
I feel so alone...
What am I doing here?
Where should I be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I was actually thinking about email you tonight... I think I'm still going too. You were there for me, I want to be there for you as much as I can... half way across the country. :( I wish our schedules coordinate more. The time I have is when you are at work, and I get off when you're in bed... or going to bed. We'll figure it out somehow. Love you!
Post a Comment