Thursday, May 14, 2009

I should listen to my cat...

There are just some mornings (and it seems more frequent these days) that Thomas will give me the look and meow saying that I should not go to work.

Today is one of those days.

I need new work - suggestions anyone?

4 comments:

Ari said...

Would starting on a teaching track pay well enough to compete with your current job?

DieNVie said...

here's the thing, I could start the teaching track, and I could get the training quickly - however from the info session that I went to back in March scared me off because of the rapid timeline.

I would rather do pt in tutoring to determine that this is the path that I would want to go in and invest the money into the training, but alas - tutoring jobs? Either they want someone with prior tutoring experience or is already certified. What happened to the great pt job for high school students? Seems like that has been deferred to teachers who barely make enough to survive.

Honestly, I don't care about the money anymore. It would be a bit of a blow to go down on the hourly pay-scale, but if it's something that I enjoy doing, then I am earning a lot more out of the job.

Ari said...

Oh, the experience hurdle. I hate that so much.

I've found that most jobs make much stronger claims about their experience requirements than they actually require, especially when talking to candidates with related people-facing skills. Though last time I was looking the market was not quite as strained. I have a lot of faith in your ability to do tutoring.

VanillaRose said...

Cats are amazingly smart creatures.