
So, last Saturday was my birthday - that's right, a quarter of a century has been lived. So, what better way to celebrate than act like I'm 5 and build my own Muppet. Seriously, who does not want their own Muppet? I could have made one resembling me, especially since there was a cheerleader outfit with the correct colors (purple and yellow) with a big yellow "W" on the sweater. Only problem was that they just did not have the right hair option. Course, it really was the yellow boa hair that sold me on this combination. His name is Nic. And I suck as a Muppeter, and I need to figure out a male voice. For now he sits cute next to my nightstand in his protective bag to keep the cat away from his hair. (and yes, I'm a huge Muppet dork)Now, there was more fun to be had in NYC on my birthday even though the Whatnot was the whole purpose of going up there - just didn't take all that much time to design him surprisingly. So, we headed across the street to Central Park and visited the Central Park Zoo. Watched the sea lions at feeding time, almost got hit by birds in the tropics building, and saw the polar bears make use of the sudden down pour just like any human couple would do - well, did not stick around too long once we figured out what they were starting to do (thought that maybe we should give them some privacy) and just visit later when they were all tuckered out. Later, walked through the park to get to our restaurant for my birthday dinner and then a train ride home.
All in all, a good birthday - definitely one of the best since high school :)

1 comment:
i love seeing your happy smile in the background of that pic - we miss you!
happy birthday!!
eryn
Post a Comment