Saturday, December 6, 2008

The irony...

So, I was in Bethesda for the 2008 ERC Annual Meeting - a meeting where all currently funded by NSF engineering research centers get together to network and find out what's going on across centers. No, that's not what is ironic.

The meeting and lodging were in the Hyatt, nice rooms, okay food, but aparently I did not like it psychologically. First night, mediocre sleep. Second night, hoped for good sleep, but worse than night before. The last night there: went to bed at 11 pm, woke up at 3 am and could not go back to sleep. So, I decided to turn on the tv and hope to doze with whatever is on. Let's say the cable tv selection was limited to begin with, and at 3 am, it's much worse.

Okay, so here's the irony: what I found on tv to watch and hopefully doze off to was, drumroll pleasse, Sleepless in Seattle. Yes, I may not have been currently in Seattle, but I was sleepless and I still claim myself to be a Seattlite.

Another thing to note: Amtrak is like air-travel. Always sitting and waiting for your depature, usually delayed, and you never get straight information on when you can start boarding.

Nothing else really to note about the trip though. Happy to be home with my guy, bed, sheets, pillows, and satellite tv. And yes, I got sleep last night. Lots of it.

No comments: