Thursday, July 31, 2008

All my bags are packed and I'm ready to go...

But I'm not leaving on a Jet Plane (though, those are currently roaring overhead - wooo! SeaFair weekend = Blue Angels are in town!!!), rather driving, and in a month...

Phase one of the move is done, with a lot of heavenly help from the fabulous truck driver - wait, we did not see him help us... also with Nancy's help and a dolly with a flat tire (a dolly with a flat is better than no dolly at all!)

Now I'm doing the Bellevue to Seattle commute, but only for a few days (12 to be exact).

So far living with the in-laws is fine. It's funny to hear Keith already lamenting on Andrew and my leaving, and all I can say is: "Wait till the end of the month, you'll be ready to kick us out by then."

But of course, and this should be no surprise to anyone out there who knows of this weird relationship I have, the dog is super-happy to have me around. This is one of the biggest perks to closing out the apartment at this time. I got the best greeting when I finally made it to the house last night and I look forward to that black mass with pink tongue hanging out giving me his gassy rump to scratch. I love that dog :) And for the next month, he'll be my dog. Not just my dog on Sundays.

Then I'll have to wait a little bit before we adopt one in Jersey...

until then, he's my dog and always will be, as he has made me his (from the first day we met, gosh, maybe 7 years ago...)

Suppose I better "work"...

No comments: