Monday, August 4, 2008

Another weekend come and gone...

and at least this time, I wasn't packing

Spent some quality time with Andrew - the weather was just perfect for golf Saturday, so that's what we did. I was actually doing pretty good - back-to-back drives over 150 yards (some of my longest, prettiest drives yet) and I have improved my technique in putting, but I am still convinced that I need a new putter. I should mention that I have only been golfing for a couple of years now and compared to some of the other ladies on the course, I looked like I knew what I was doing.

Sunday was the Cornell Alumni picnic - just blocks away from Genesse Park (aka, SeaFair/Hydroplanes/BLUE ANGLES!!!) We were at least able to figure out the bus shuttle to get to Genesse Park and luckily did not get lost in the neighborhood. But oh, my, gosh - no way to get closer to the Blue Angles action than to be in the park with everybody else. In fact, after the years spent watching them IN the park, I think I have to say that up the hill at a house, the show was even more spectacular.

Now, what is it with me and airplanes? I guess I'm just my engineer-father's daughter - grew up learning about the wonder and awe of powerful machines... man, I got chills during that performance!

Now, being the Events Registrar at the UWAA, I must say that I wish I had a pre-printed nametag to put on at the Cornell Alum event ;) But all in all, they know how to throw a good BBQ and figure out a great location for an event. Heck! I even won a huge Cornell mug (lots of hot chocolate and great soup mug - just not the two at the same time.) I'll just have to drag Andrew to the Husky Summer Celebration New York BBQ next year - show him how Dawgs really party.

Nothing else really going on - waiting out my time at the UWAA and it's slowly feeling more and more official and like it's time for me to leave (I'm BORED to death). Who knows what's in store for me in Princeton - honestly, I'm looking forward to some time off while looking for a job - sitting at home, working on my quilt, and relaxing with my dog (yay! we can adopt a dog!)

I think that's it for now... still trying to convince myself it's cool to write about nothing... and dinner should be ready soon... mmm... divan...

No comments: