Monday, August 25, 2008

A tribute to a good friend

Today, I am here to honor a good friend, my 2001 Chevy Malibu:Did the car die? No it did not. But today is the day we hand it off to the new owner. I wish we could take him to New Jersey with us, but we can only have one car, and since Öbie is all paid off and no longer has a warranty, we decided to take the Elantra instead.

He was a good car, despite the transmission going and all the costly repairs while I had no money. Unfortunately, I was unable to give him as much love as he would have liked - maybe I should have taken him to the mall a few times or at least a long drive on the freeway every now and then, just to show a bit of love. But no, instead I let him sit, all lonely, underneath a sappy tree waiting for me to come home from classes. Even though he did not get as much love as he deserved, he was a good car. He helped me feel safe and he took good care of me when I needed to get from one place to another.

All I can say is that the new owner is getting a heck of a great car. I hope he enjoys Öbie as much as I did.

Goodbye old friend, I will miss you. Thank you for the time we had together. Whenever I see a silver Malibu on the road, I will think of you.

:*(

No comments: