Yes, that's right, I am now unemployed.
That's because Friday was my last day at the Alumni Association. Yes, sadly, I had to leave... kind of hard to do my job with them all the way across the country. Luckily they found a great temp (and hopefully hire!) in time for me to train her in my last two days. I must say that I was really pleased with my time with her and I am confident that the UWAA is in great hands. And, of course, I went out with style - a great big happy hour at the end of the day. Did a little drinking, chatting, laughing, and said lots of goodbyes. Also, there was the lovely going away gifts, which really came in handy today!
Nothing like celebrating your unemployment by spending money on a new putter and then going to test it out at a golf course. We drove over to Bremerton to play at Gold Mountain so that Andrew could tackle his "white whale," if you will. All I can say is lovely course, and thank god I was in a a cart! Also, best round yet. I may not be a pro, but my score came out to be a 132 (not counting some shots here and there... but you know that the important ones to count are the shots that went somewhere, especially the shots that were terriffic). Finally, I have a putter that I'm confident in. Another reason for playing today was to get in a little practice before we hit up Washington National on Friday (I've been looking forward to this round for so long). My new towel worked perfectly as there was a lot of muck to clean off (rainy day) and that little pouch works perfect to organize my balls and tees in my bag... and finally I have a ball marker to be proud about (I finally had a chance to use it!!). Nope, when I golf, you can't tell I'm a Husky ;) (hope to post a picture of all my gear after Friday).
Anyway, time to shower and then go grab some dinner with the hubby... then who knows what... definitely need to plan the rest of the week out and contact some people about getting together (yes, I'm sending a message to you Becky, I know we need to get together this week! I will call later)
Shoot -there goes the shower... the cute puppy came upstairs to hang out with me (aka, scratch him as he keeps a close eye on me)... must break away...
later!
Monday, August 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
ooo gold mountain is one of my very favorite courses - glad you had so much fun (despite the moisture - you'll miss that, right?).
have a wonderful time on Friday!
eryn
Post a Comment