Thursday, September 4, 2008

Monmouth Junction, NJ

We have arrived safely in New Jersey!

If you are wondering where Monmouth Junction is, it is about a 10 minute drive north of Princeton. Yup, that's right, we're finally home... well... sort of

Tomorrow is the day we get our keys and grab all of our stuff from UPack. Finally get to finish the move.

Oh, and I should give the report of where we have been and how far we traveled, so here's the idea of how we traveled recently:
* Sunday through Wednesday Morning: Playing in Chi-town
* Wednesday: drove to Cincinnati, OH to stop in and say hello to my Dad's cousin and family. It was great to see family again, especially from the Volkmar side, that's not my sister (I do love you Emily, I just see you and talk with you more often than anybody else!)
* Today: final push into NJ - traveled through OH, WV, PA to get to NJ.
--> Miles traveled: aprox 610
--> Hours in car: Way too many
--> License plate bingo (since last post noting states seen): found every state except for Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and Vermont. Andrew and I deemed the road trip to finally be over tomorrow after Andrew returns to the apartment after returning the UHaul. We are crossing our fingers to get the last three!
* Trip overall:
--> Miles traveled: aprox 3,300
--> Hours in car: WAAAYYYYY too many
--> States traveled through: WA, ID, MT, WY, SD, MN, WI, IL, IN, OH, WV, PA, NJ
DUDE!

Andrew and I both agree to not do a drive like this again... couple days driving, okay... week and a half, too much.

Due to the time of night, I will post later about the time in Chicago and Cincinnati, as well as the report of the move. Pictures will come as I have time to write about the trip (which will include pictures of the new place.)

Wish us luck for tomorrow!

:)

No comments: