Okay, according to MSN weather:
Bellevue, WA - Clear, 71
Princeton, NJ - Clear, 88 (and that is now a degree cooler from when I checked 15 minutes ago), with projected high of 92 for the day and a rainy cloud (yeah, that ain't happening)
The good news is that it should cool down this week - low 80's, maybe even in the 70's!
I miss Seattle...
Anyway, I should note that today was my first trip into NYC - went to a Yankee's game. Actually, I went to 1/2 an inning of a Yankee's game. Andrew's friend Justin, planned a trip out to NYC with a friend and invited Andrew and I to join them in the outfield bleachers for a game. Unfortunately, we did not know that it would feel like 96 degrees with the high humidity. Smack-dab, in the sun. The whole time. Hence, why I stuck around for half an inning. I spent the other 3 innings that Andrew survived in the concourse, which quickly became crowded. You know it's too hot out when Andrew only survives 3.5 innings of a ball game.
In other news, I got to experience NJ Transit and the NY Subway. Lots of fun. Though, I will note, I felt like I was in hell for part of it, just because there was A/C only on the trains, not on the platforms. I was constantly hearing Peanut shouting in my ear, "We're in HELL!!!" (hehe)
So, courtesy of MasterCard, here's the breakdown of the day:
* Round-trip ticket on NJ Transit to NY-Penn Station: $20
* Round-trip ride on the Subway (one transfer): $4
* Yankee's ticket in Outfield Bleachers (stub-hub buying route...): $95 (tickets are usually $15)
* Hot Dog: $5
* Water (they were out of soda at the point of buying lunch): $4.75
* Soda (eventually found a stand with soda) in a souviner cup: $6
* Not blacking-0ut or going into heat-stroke due to heat and humidity: PRICELESS
Though, if you calculate my ICA (inning cost average), it's infinite, because you know you have to calculate the inning on a whole number measure, and I did not complete the inning.
Unfortunately, I was not impressed with Yankee Stadium. I can see why they are building a new one across the street. Though, I was spoiled of going to Wrigley just a couple of weeks ago. But at the same time, I went there thinking, "It's hot as hell," rather than thinking of the history of all the great-time Yanks who played there: Babe Ruth, Joe DiMaggio, Lou Gehrig, etc... so I am dissapointed with myself for not thinking of all the history in that stadium, which has had ball games played in it for the past 85 years. That's amazing.
Heh - now I look at weather.com: For the zip code of 08540 (the one I'm in), they say "Mostly cloudy, 87 degrees F, feels like 94 degrees F, Humidity 63%"
Okay, I think it's time to sit in front of a fan and read, with a cold nalgene of water...
Keep cool!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Post a Comment