Sunday, September 7, 2008

Moving sucks, part 2

Okay, so moving not only sucks in the packing, but also in the unpacking.

The unpacking started off with unloading the UPack truck, then packing the UHaul truck, then driving the UHaul to the apartment, find a place to park it, and then UNPACK the UHaul - that's right two unloadings for the day. And need I mention that this was Friday, which was really warm and muggy? At least we met a few neighbors during the fun and one was really nice to help us out with some really big pieces (read: the armoire and mattress.)

Anyways, we managed to survive that with only a broken quilt rack, bookcase, and entertainment unit, along with several boxes that made me cringe to look at - one of which that had the sound of broken glass - oh, great... and of course a really tired, sweaty, sore, and exhausted Andy and Niecie (big props to Andrew for all that he did - I am a lame overheating, non-cooling, blacking out person.)

However, slowly, but surely, we are unpacking boxes and buying schtuff to fill in for the pieces we parted with or broke along the journey (yay for credit card points!) Pictures will come once the whole place is set up. So far, we have only lost the ice tea picture and the glass in a target framed art piece besides all that furniture. Amazingly all kitchenware survived. What can I say? I can pack a kitchen, but not a box of picture frames. And I still have yet to find my sonicare charger...

Anyways, just thought that I'd post quickly. Off to a Wegman's run, which better include getting quarters for laundry tomorrow! (I miss the days of free laundry...)

Cherrio! (should probably buy some at Wegman's...)

2 comments:

Ari said...

YAY unpacking! I'm doing that myself... it's going a whole lot better than it had in previous moves.

I'm so glad you guys made it safely.

If you're ever up for visitors, I'm up for a train trip... :)

DieNVie said...

we should do that! Still have to get everything settled here and figure out our weekends, but we'll talk :)