So, Tuesday I had an interview, and today I completed that interview...
Tuesday I met with MIRTHE, which is a part of PRISM, which is a science/technology insitute at Princeton. Originally I was scheduled to meet with three people, and it ended up being seven, basically, everyone on the team. Can I say, exhausting? Never before have I interviewed with so many people for a position, especially an administrative position.... The same day after completing those interviews, I recieved word that I needed to contact HR to set up an interview with them, which of course included testing of basic knowlege on Word and Excel - felt like going through a temp agency having to do that. Sounds like the test went well, they said I scored well, even though you get asked to do things you have never though you'd have to do and you can't use your keyboard/right-click mouse short-cuts.
I guess all of this is a good indication, but who knows, there might be a candidate as qualified as me that they like better.
Oh, I guess I should elaborate on the job. Job posting calls it a Department Office Support III position, and people in MIRTHE called it "Office Coordinator" and I actually like "Office Coordinator" better. This person basically does everything that everybody else can't do: basic office tasks of copying, filing, errands; updating the website; some event coordination (to what extent, I'm not clear even after asking); etc... Sounds like a happening job at least, lots to do and I get to talk with people at 5 other universities while in this position - oh, and I get the opportunity to travel to conferences as well (do the grunt work, and everyone else is there, so why be at Princeton alone?)
It's been an interesting experience, first having a lot of apprehension of whether or not I want the job, figuring out that it's just me still adjusting to the area, and me just not having the self-confience that I can do what they are asking. I'm finally more at peace about the situation. Though I will say, I'm not holding my breath for the job, but if I do get it, I will most likely take it - work would be nice and they seem to like me...
Eh, we'll see what God has planned for me...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment