Well, the last piece of the puzzle has been placed. The car is now registered in New Jersey and has NJ plates, which I must say are really boring - they're yellow. No more pretty mountain riding with us, but at least I have the plates for memory sake. The Elantra doesn't look right any more and the plate number is wierd. I liked URV...
Registration in NJ is different - if you are financing your car (which Andrew is), then you have to send paperwork to the lien holder for them to release the title to NJ, then you get a call to say that they have your title so that you can then go in to register the car. After registering the car and getting your plates, you then get to drive over to the inspection center and wait forever to have them figure out if they can use their new OBD technology or have to emission imspect the old-fashioned way (which the guy working on our car had to do). At least it's two years before we have to do that again.
Also finally got the new parking validiation sticker for Princeton's campus, and Parking Services now has the new plates.
Dangit - I'm definitely a New Jersey resident now. However, I will always be a Seattlite and Washintonian, and I will forever a Dawg that bleeds purple.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment