Here are the options as rendered in paint:
Rendition via fabric to mimic that shown in paint:Please tell me if you like the option on the right or the option on the left. I will not say which way I'm leaning yet so that I don't cause you to lean one way or another (but luckily Andrew is leaning the same way I am!) Please keep in mind, there are several ways to lay out each option in terms of which light or dark fabric used, but I hope to lay it out in an even mix. Also, I will be quilting it via machine and ties. Each block will have the "diamond" dip-stitched and there will be a tie at the corners of each block and in the middle (probably with a cream-colored yarn).
Disclaimer: cameras and computers don't exactly pick up the colors of the fabric, and both blocks actually look better on the table in person.
Looking forward to your comments!
Disclaimer: cameras and computers don't exactly pick up the colors of the fabric, and both blocks actually look better on the table in person.
Looking forward to your comments!

3 comments:
So the funny this is, I liked the lighter in the painting and the darker in the fabric... ha.
and that's why it's important to lay out your fabric before going off of a colored representation.
thanks for the vote :)
Huh, I actually like the lighter one. It seems to kind of form a spiral of lightening colors toward the middle. The red block in the middle of the darker one seems kind of... unanchored, like it will look like big polka dots when it's repeated.
Post a Comment