Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Dawg gone Tiger

Well, the news is now official as Princeton HR has finally contacted me, but I won't be getting the formal letter for a couple of days.

I have a job.

I will be working at MIRTHE (Mid-InfraRed Technologies for Health and the Environment, which is under the big umbrella known as PRISM (Princeton Research Institute for the Science/technology of Materials), funded by a huge NSF award, located in the E-Quad, not too far away from Andrew and his studies, which will be kinda nice. Find a life on campus and maybe catch lunch every now and then with the boy. I will be the "Office Coordinator," and as I understand it from the day of interviewing for the position is the person who is the catch-all, doer of all things that everybody else can't do. Main tasks that I hear is website updating, keeping people on task, event coordination (booking rooms, caterers, etc), and all basic office upkeep (filing, copying, errands, etc).

I will be starting Monday, first with a 3-hour orientation with HR.

So much for the life at home quilting...

1 comment:

VanillaRose said...

sad for the quilting... happy for the job!