Thursday, October 9, 2008

Grr...

So, sewing is now put on hold, as I have come to an ironing stage. Typically ironing is not a problem for me, I deal with it, and ironing seams down to the dark side is no big issue. The issue however comes from the fact that my ROWENTA iron, yes, ROWENTA, drips practically all the water I put into it. Oh, and I should mention that the water leaks out of the auto-off indicator light that is on the handle, and when I have the iron sitting upright, that leak drops down onto the power cord. Can we say hazardous? My ironing board cover now has a lot of water stains on it too...

Looking at new irons, coveting the Rowenta Professional, at joann.com, I am now finding out that ALL ROWENTA IRONS have this DRIPPING ISSUE!!! Apparently the standard no longer holds to the name.

What happened to you Rowenta?

I guess that even though I could not adjust the heat setting on my old iron (it was my mom's previously), I should have kept it. It at least didn't leak and ironed really well - nice and heavy.

Anybody out there with a different brand of iron that they love? After years of saying Rowenta is the best, I now know to spend less of my non-existant money elsewhere for an iron that does what it's supposed to do - make water into steam and make fabric flat (yeah, this one also has issues on making cotton fabric flat...)

I know that there's Black and Decker, Sunbeam, Shark, et al... currently leaning on really looking at the Sharks since that's a name in the steam industry.

Any product reviews from your experiences would greatly be appreciated...

Now, if only I had a job so that I could finance this new iron... le *sigh*

No comments: